Why does no one tell you what to pack in your hospital bag?
Overdue and ready with a small case and a second medium-sized bag, i’m still wondering whether I have thought of everything.
My hospital bags are full of anything and everything from bikinis to nightwear, lavender oil to sweets. I honestly feel like i’m going to a spa hotel for a pyjama party, where the only thing on the menu is Haribo and you pick up a baby when you’re there!
I had to look quite hard to find a checklist for hospital bag essentials, so thought I would share my list as it might help you with your own hospital bag. Although i’m pretty sure i’ve missed something!
- Bikini top – in case I have a water birth
- Sports bra – in case I don’t want to wear the bikini
- Two nighties – don’t know why I need two as well as PJs?!
- Dressing gown
- Flip flops – I can’t put my bare feet on an unknown floor!
- Pyjama shorts – I don’t even know if these still fit me
- T-shirt top
- Vest – in case it’s too hot for the t-shirt
- Nursing bras
- Big knickers
- Maternity pads
- Breast pads
- Camera – literally my massive DSLR to catch the big arrival
- Phone charger
- Mint imperials – not sure why!
- Oat flapjacks – beige food in case i’m hungry
- Haribo strawbs – my last treat before I give up sweets for a while 😦
- Water, Lucozade & drinking straws
- Lavender room spray – relaxi taxi
- Labour massage oil & hand held back massagers – i’ll probably hate both of these
- Paper tissues – in case i’m a crier
- Cotton handkerchief & lavender oil – instant relaxi taxi
- Labour playlist on CD – full of relaxing numbers that will probably really annoy me during contractions
- Baby outfits!
- Nappies & a small changing mat
- Cotton wool
- Nursing top
- Water spray bottle – I have never experienced such a hot place when I visited the maternity ward, so this will be good for the face!